Microneedling: Why ?
- minimally invasive technique: short procedure, no downtime
- stimulates tissue regeneration processes as a response of the micro damage
- creates microchannels that allow active ingredients to penetrate
- automatic device: same pressure, depth and distribution on treated area
to ensure regular results
- does not scratch skin surface as other tools do
- pen shaped: handy, portable, efficient, easy to operate
- face and body indications even for hard to reach areas
- widely use technique to treat aesthetic imperfections
- FACE 0.5mm – 1.0mm
- BODY 0.5mm – 1.5mm
- FACE 0.5mm – 2.5mm
- BODY 0.5mm – 2.5mm
It is recommended that Topical Anaesthetic Cream is applied on any treatment using 0.75mm or above
When combining treatments such as chemical peels, use 0.25mm – 0.75mm
- 6 treatments spaced 2-4 weeks apart
- depending if the pen is combined with other modalities in a treatment programme.
- 3 treatments (as a starting point) spaced 6 weeks apart.
The degree of downtime will vary depending on the length of needle used
0.5mm – 1mm :
- Minimal down time (Generally 2-6 hours)
- Sensitivity or erythema (could last up to 72 hours)
- Feels tight like minor sunburn
- Possible pin prick bleeding /scabbing
1.5mm – 2.5mm :
- Downtime will be increased
- For either wrinkle or scar treatments, there may be minor swelling and directly after treatment the skin will look red in the places that were needled. Swelling will last up to 48hrs
- Fine lines and wrinkles may look like red raised lines.
- Scars will be red and a light scab will form on the treated areas.
- Redness will last for up to 4 days and then slowly fade.
- Feels tight and sensitive like moderate sunburn.
Avoid Post Treatment
Non Mineral Make-Up – 48 hour’s after
AHA’s, BHA’s, Retinol – Up to 14 day’s after
Exercise, heat treatments – Up to 14 day’s after
Waxing, Hair removal or bleaching – 14 day’s after
Sunbeds, Swimming, Sauna’s, Self-Tan – 14 day’s after
…… Or until the skin is fully intact and has completely recovered