Microneedling: Why ?
- Perfect synergy between technique and drug substances, combinable with other medical/cosmetic techniques to deliver ultimate results. A very safe treatment for all skin types.m.pen pro is the new device developed to deliver spectacular results safely and effectively.
- Effective, rapid and safe transdermal device.
- Possible to work at six scaled depths, so the exact depth can be used in each case and the treatment can be personalised.
- Offers five speeds, indicated on the device in different colours.
- Has a rounded head to reach all areas comfortably.
- Works with 12 micro-needles, which generate more micro-punctures in the skin and cover larger areas in less time.
- Used correctly does not scratch the surface of the skin.
- Comes with two long-life batteries (two hours) with USB charger which can also be charged by plugging into the mains during use.
- Shaped like a fountain pen, its totally ergonomic design means it is more comfortable to use.
- Being small, lighter and cordless, it is a practical, portable and easy-to-use device.
- It is silent, assuring a pleasanter experience for the patient.
- FACE 0.5mm – 1.0mm
- BODY 0.5mm – 1.5mm
- FACE 0.5mm – 2.5mm
- BODY 0.5mm – 2.5mm
It is recommended that Topical Anaesthetic Cream is applied on any treatment using 0.75mm or above
When combining treatments such as chemical peels, use 0.25mm – 0.75mm
- 6 treatments spaced 2-4 weeks apart
- depending if the pen is combined with other modalities in a treatment programme.
- 3 treatments (as a starting point) spaced 6 weeks apart.
The degree of downtime will vary depending on the length of needle used
0.5mm – 1mm :
- Minimal down time (Generally 2-6 hours)
- Sensitivity or erythema (could last up to 72 hours)
- Feels tight like minor sunburn
- Possible pin prick bleeding /scabbing
1.5mm – 2.5mm :
- Downtime will be increased
- For either wrinkle or scar treatments, there may be minor swelling and directly after treatment the skin will look red in the places that were needled. Swelling will last up to 48hrs
- Fine lines and wrinkles may look like red raised lines.
- Scars will be red and a light scab will form on the treated areas.
- Redness will last for up to 4 days and then slowly fade.
- Feels tight and sensitive like moderate sunburn.
Avoid Post Treatment
Non Mineral Make-Up – 48 hour’s after
AHA’s, BHA’s, Retinol – Up to 14 day’s after
Exercise, heat treatments – Up to 14 day’s after
Waxing, Hair removal or bleaching – 14 day’s after
Sunbeds, Swimming, Sauna’s, Self-Tan – 14 day’s after
…… Or until the skin is fully intact and has completely recovered